“If the desired renewal of the Church depends for the most part on its priests,
then it will also depend to a large degree on the families and in particular women and mothers.”
– Pope St. John Paul II, Address on May 4, 1987
Although not a requirement, we invite all women to participate in our weekly Holy Hour for the Sanctification of Priests and an hour of formation in spiritual motherhood. If you cannot attend, please unite with us in spirit where ever you are (and download our weekly prayers). If you are inspired to start a weekly prayer group at your parish, we are happy to assist you. If you live outside of the Archdiocese of St. Louis, please consider starting your own holy hour and spiritual adoption program for priests in your area. Again, we offer our help.
You might have a call to Spiritual Motherhood if:
- You feel a persistent desire to pray for the strengthening and consolation of priests, in union with Mary.
- You have quietly dedicated yourself to offering your daily sacrifices, works and suffering to sanctify priests.
- Your heart is pierced whenever a priest or the priesthood is denigrated.
- Your spirit rejoices in gratitude for good, holy priests who courageously lead their flocks to Christ.
- Pray daily for priests – especially in Eucharistic Adoration, at Mass and while reading Scripture. Some options for specific prayers include the Morning Offering for Priests, Rosary, and Divine Mercy Chaplet.
- Offer sacrifices, penances, daily duties and works of mercy in union with Jesus, as reparation for priests.
- Live a sacramental life, i.e. Masses offered up for holy vocations, and frequent Confession.
- Spiritually and anonymously adopt a priest assigned by us or one of your own choosing.
- Contact us and visit our prayer group on Thursdays. Or start a prayer group in your area.
- Sign up for our Emails to receive weekly priest lists, prayers and notices of upcoming events.
- Encourage other women to pray for priests as spiritual mothers and consider adopting a priest.